Hospitalists are pediatricians dedicated to continuously improving the care of hospitalized children using evidence-based medicine, quality improvement and research to achieve the best possible results.
Coordinating evaluation and treatment from other pediatric specialists, hospitalists manage your child’s stay from admission through discharge. We work with a team of providers, both locally and regionally, to offer the highest quality of family-centered care when your child’s illness requires hospital admission.
Services We Offer
- Evaluate patients for potential admission through the pediatric emergency department.
- Admit patients, develop plans for diagnosis and treatment within 24 hours of admission.
- Coordinate sub-specialty and surgical consults, as needed, while continuing to oversee the overall care of the patient.
- Maintain open lines of communication with patients and their families throughout their stay and upon their discharge.
- Maintain open lines of communication with patients' physicians.
- Provide a detailed discharge summary for patients and their physicians.
Conditions Our Hospitalists Treat
- Complex chronic diseases such as seizures and feeding disorders
- Fever in newborns