We offer a comprehensive program that focuses on children’s sleep disorders from birth to 18 years of age. Typically, children are evaluated at an appointment with the sleep program and an overnight sleep study is ordered if necessary. We have two sleep laboratories: one at the downtown campus and one in North Charleston. Children with more complicated medical conditions will have a sleep study at the laboratory downtown, close to the Children’s Hospital. However, both locations have sleep technologists trained to handle complex pediatric issues.
Services We Offer
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy (with lavage)
- Pulmonary function lab with exercise and infant lung function testing capabilities
- Fully equipped sleep laboratory
Sleep Disorder Conditions We Treat
- Sleep apnea
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep
- Sleep terrors
Our Sleep Disorders Care Team Includes
- Thoracic surgeons experienced in lung and airway procedures
- Pathologists specializing in lung pathology
- Radiologists with extensive experience in pulmonary disease
- Excellent intensivists with expertise in ventilator management
Consultation is also available for children who had a sleep problem diagnosed by a sleep study but did not have a prior evaluation at the MUSC Children's Health sleep center.