Thank you so much for your interest in giving to MUSC Children’s Health! Holiday donations for patients and general play programming are managed through the Child Life Department. We appreciate your help to make sure our patients and families have a wonderful holiday season!
Here are a few guidelines that we ask you to follow when donating to MUSC Children’s Health:
- All toys and materials be new and in their original packaging. Please do not wrap donations. We do welcome donations of large holiday theme tote bags, wrapping paper and ribbons!
- See our wish list for our greatest needs at this time and preferred gifts.
- We accept donations during designated drop-off times (see Delivering your Donations).
- Items should be respectful of all religions, cultures and belief systems.
- Food, drinks and balloons cannot be accepted.
- Our patients range in age from newborn to teens. Please consider all ages when selecting gifts.
Please consult our Children’s Hospital Holiday Wish List (PDF) for ideas:
Delivering your donation
- The Child Life Department will receive holiday donations December 8th through December 21st, during designated days and times (see below).
- Our primary drop-off location is downtown at the new Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion. See below for donating at the R. Keith Summey Medical Pavilion.
- It is our hope that the variety of drop off times will meet your needs. To best plan for patient needs, we are unable to accept donations after the 21st but would be happy to discuss a January 2020 drop off time.
- Infection control and privacy guidelines do prohibit donors from directly delivering gifts to patients. However, your gifts will be given to patients or used specifically with our patients and their families year-round for therapeutic play and in our playrooms.
- Please refer to our wish list (PDF) for our greatest needs at this time.
- For questions: email Suzanne Mishler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-792-1294.
Holiday Donation Drop-Off Times
- Sunday, December 8 (12:00 to 4:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, December 15 (12:00 to 4:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, December 18 (11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Friday, December 20 (1:00 to 5:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, December 21 (10:00 am to 3:00 p.m.)
During these times, we ask that you pull your car in front of the Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital entrance.
- The GPS address is 10 McClennan Banks Drive 29425
- There will be signs for drop off area and our Santa’s Helpers will happily receive your donations.
Please call 843-300-5213 to alert our elves when you are within 5 minutes of arriving so they can greet you outside! Please note: this phone is only available to be answered during drop-off times.
Donating at the R. Keith Summey Medical Pavilion in North Charleston:
- This outpatient site can accept donations for our Children’s Health ambulatory sites and patients December 16-20th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please park and the concierge at the front desk will be happy to accept your donation. The GPS address is 2250 Mall Drive, 29406
- For more information, e-mail Jennifer Redfern or call 843-985-0255.
Other Ways to Give
- Monetary donation information, fundraiser information and to learn more about the new Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital, please contact the MUSC Children’s Hospital Fund at 843-792-2624 or visit the Campaign for the MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital.
Thank you again for your support of pediatric patients and their families!