Thank you so much for your interest in giving to the Children’s Hospital! Holiday donations for patients and general play programming are managed through the Child Life Department. We appreciate your interest and generosity. Because thousands of children visit our facility each year, we have an ongoing need for new toys, crafts, books, video games and movies.
Here are a few guidelines that we ask you to follow when donating to MUSC Children’s Hospital:
- We ask that all toys and materials be new and in their original packaging. Please do not wrap donations.
- Please check our “Priority Needs” section of our wish list for our greatest needs at this time.
- We accept donations during designated drop-off times (see Delivering your Donations).
- Items should be respectful of all religions, cultures and belief systems.
- No food or drinks.
- No balloons.
- Our patients range in age from newborn to teens. Please consider all ages when selecting gifts.
Please consult our Children’s Hospital Holiday Wish List for ideas:
Delivering your donation
- The Child Life Department will receive holiday donations December 13 through December 23 during designated days and times.
- We are unable to accept donations on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. It is our hope that the variety of drop off times will meet your needs.
- Infection control and privacy guidelines do prohibit donors from directly delivering gifts to patients. However, your gifts will be given to patients or used specifically with our patients and their families year round for therapeutic play and in our playrooms.
- Please refer to our wish list for our greatest needs at this time.
- For questions: email Suzanne Mishler at email@example.com or call 843-792-1294.
Holiday Donation Drop-Off Times
- Thursday, Dec. 13 (1 to 4 p.m.)
- Sunday, Dec. 16 (1 to 4 p.m.)
- Monday, Dec. 17 (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Dec. 19 (3 to 6 p.m.)
- Thursday, Dec. 20 (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Friday, Dec. 21 (1 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Sunday, Dec. 23 (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
During these times, we ask that you park your car in the MUSC Horseshoe in front of the Children’s Hospital entrance (see attached map). The GPS address is 165 Ashley Ave. There will be a reserved parking space and our Santa’s Helpers will be available to receive your donation.
Please call 843-300-5213 to alert our elves when you are within 5 minutes of arriving so they can greet you outside! Please note: this phone is only available to be answered during drop-off times.
Thank you again for your support of pediatric patients and their families!
Donation Drop-Off Directions
- Please call Holiday Elves 5 minutes before arriving (843-300-5213).
- Turn onto Ashley Avenue from Calhoun Street.
- Ashley Avenue is a one way street, so you can only approach the Children’s Hospital from this direction
- Stay in the left lane of Ashley Avenue
- Approximately 2 blocks up on Ashley Avenue; Go over large speed hump take the second left onto Horseshoe Drive.
- Follow the circular drive around until you are in front of the Children’s Hospital lobby-all the way around the circle, last building on your right.
- Find the designated Donation Drop-Off Parking Space.
For GPS, please enter 165 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425.
If you prefer to mail your donation, please send to:
MUSC Child Life Department
165 Ashley Ave, MSC 355
Charleston SC 29425