The MUSC Children’s Health is South Carolina’s most comprehensive system of preventive and clinical care devoted exclusively to the well being of children. Our integrated health care system consists of a nationally ranked 186-bed pediatric hospital and expertise in the most advanced care possible in more than 25 specialty areas.
Today, MUSC Children’s Health has
- 186 bed pediatric hospital within a large academic health system
- 66 of those beds are NICU beds
- Access to 230 physicians in more than 25 pediatric specialties
- Service to 46 counties within the state of South Carolina
- Multiple Pediatric outpatient locations throughout the state
- Level I Trauma Pediatric Trauma Center
- The only National Center for Telehealth Excellence in the state
Children’s Health Quick Facts
- Children’s hospital
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- After Hours locations
- Coming soon; Ambulatory Campus in North Charleston
- More convenient to home
- Increased access through the South Carolina Telehealth Alliance in schools and outpatient locations
- Expanded specialty services in multiple locations throughout the state
- Charles P. Darby Children’s Research Institute (CRI) is the largest pediatric research facility in the Carolinas and one of only 15 in the country.
- This facility supports 14 research programs led by investigators representing multiple departments and disciplines.