CHARM (Charleston Resiliency Monitoring) Study is a longitudinal study to understand risk and resiliency in children and teens. CHARM is currently recruiting families with 3rd, 6th, and 9th graders.
Learn more about CHARM.
SPARK (Simons Foundation Powering Autism Research for Knowledge) – a landmark autism research project – is recruiting patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families to participate in a groundbreaking national study. Patients of all ages with Autism Spectrum Disorder, PDD-NOS, Asperger’s Disorder, or Autism are welcome to join.
Learn more about SPARK.
Dr. Laura Carpenter talks with Bobbi Connor on South Carolina Public Radio about SPARK. Listen to the podcast.
Your child's initial visit typically involves an evaluation by a developmental pediatrician, psychologist, psychiatrist or social worker.
Services We Offer
- ADHD evaluation
- Autism spectrum disorder evaluation
- Cardiac neurodevelopmental follow-up
- Developmental-behavioral evaluation
- Down syndrome care
- High-risk neonatal intensive care (NICU) follow-up
- Infant and toddler evaluation
- International Adoption Clinic
- Neurodevelopmental psychiatry
- Parent-child interaction therapy
- Preschool clinic
- School-age clinic
- Spina bifida care
Our Evaluation Process Includes
- An extensive review of concerns related to your child’s developmental, medical, social and educational history.
- Consultation with teachers, therapists and other health care professionals.
- Physical and neurological examinations.
- Standardized tests, questionnaires, observations and demonstrations.
After a comprehensive evaluation, the health care provider will discuss results of the evaluation and recommendations with you, which may involve referrals to other pediatric specialists. The goal of the initial visit is to understand your child’s strengths and needs, determine what is typical and what is not, and determine which services your child may need to grow, learn, and develop to the best of his or her ability.
Specialty Care Mount Pleasant
Specialty Care Summerville
More Care Team Members
Catherine Bradley, Ph.D.
Laura Carpenter, Ph.D.
Kasey Hamlin-Smith, Ph.D.
Pam Ingram, EdS
Mary Kral, Ph.D.
Alyssa Schlenz, Ph.D.
Karen van Bakergem, LISW-CP
Ashley Early, LISW-CP
Virginia Divers, CMA
Oanh Foust, BSN, RNIII, CPN
Amy Richburg, MSN, RN, CPN
T'keyah Singleton, CMA