COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Our primary goal at MUSC Health is the safety of our patients, families, and care team members. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic and making changes hourly to respond to the challenges and uncertainty resulting from this situation.
The Infectious Diseases program at MUSC Children’s Health performs consultations for diagnostic evaluations and management of children with known or suspected infectious diseases. Our physicians are board-certified in pediatrics and pediatric infectious diseases. We also offer a comprehensive pediatric HIV care program via a multidisciplinary team that includes a nurse case manager, a social work case manager, an educational psychologist, and a peer advocate.
Infectious Disease Conditions We Treat
- Bone and joint infections
- Cat-scratch disease
- Consultation for diagnosis and management of infectious diseases in children
- Device-related infections
- Hepatitis B and C
- Infections in immuno-compromised patients
- Infections in returned travelers
- Long-term antibiotic therapy
- Prolonged and recurrent fevers