Our services are integrated with the vast array of specialty services available at MUSC Health and its multiple locations throughout the Lowcountry. As an integral part of the MUSC Center for Genomic Medicine, the MUSC Children’s Hospital, the Center for Advanced Fetal Care, and the Diagnostic and Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Diagnostic Laboratories, we offer a one-stop shop for any genetic service needs of our patients.
Patients and their families are welcomed upon referral by their physician or self-referral and seen by a team consisting of a physician geneticist and a genetic counselor who will coordinate all of their care, including referral to other specialty services as needed.
Services We Offer
- Consultation and advice for management of genetic conditions
- Diagnostic laboratory testing
- Genetic counseling
- Treatment for metabolic and lysosomal disorders
Genetic Conditions We Treat
- Birth defects
- Developmental disabilities
- Inherited conditions
- Lysosomal disorders requiring enzyme replacement therapies