Craniofacial Anomalies & Cleft Palate
The MUSC Children's Health Craniofacial Anomalies and Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate team is comprised of physicians and other care providers dedicated to the care of children with cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial abnormalities.
The MUSC Children's Health Craniofacial Anomalies and Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate team is listed as an ACPA Approved Team by the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA).
The MUSC Children's Health team includes representatives from the following fields.
Services We Offer
Our team provides medical and surgical care for a wide range of craniofacial disorders. Prenatal counseling is also available. Team care is provided in a multidisciplinary setting as recommended by the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
Craniofacial & Cleft Palate Conditions We Treat
- Cleft lip
- Cleft palate
- Pierre Robin Sequence
- Velopharyngeal insufficiency/incompetency
- Hemifacial Microsomia
- Treacher Collins Syndrome
- Velo-cardio-facial Syndrome (22q11.2 deletion syndrome)
- Other congenital anomalies
Resources for Parents
- Information about Treacher Collins Syndrome
- Information about Pierre Robin Sequence/Complex
- A Guide to Understanding Microtia
- A Guide to Understanding Craniosynostosis
- Hemifacial microsomia
North Area Medical Pavilion
More Care Team Members
Heather McGhee, CCC-SLP | Speech-language Pathologist
Melissa Montiel, CCC-SLP | Speech-language Pathologist
Sherry Cannon | Clinic Coordinator
Susan Hargrave, RN | Children’s rehabilitative services