The MUSC Children’s Health Heart Center is one of the few pediatric centers in the country to offer state-of-the-art programs in both cardiac computed tomography (CT) and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (cMRI).
Services We Provide
- Protocols tailored for patients with congenital heart disease.
- Evaluation of cardiac anatomy and function to ensure the best results from surgery.
- Collaboration with the Department of Radiology.
- The most advanced scanners in the industry, allowing for highly accurate images of the beating heart while minimizing radiation exposure.
- Groundbreaking research into imaging protocols.
- Involvement in projects evaluating techniques to minimize radiation exposure in children.
- Scanners specifically designed with patient comfort in mind.
- Wide tube design for MRI to minimize claustrophobia.
- Music during an MRI.
- Advanced imaging processing software.
- 3-D images of cardiovascular anatomy.
- Collaboration with cardiologists and surgeons to tailor management strategies.